In case you are wondering how my Summer Manifesto progress is coming along…
* embrace the mornings (as in, get up and get something done before noon!) It’s sort of happening…
* tend to the gardens (balcony & community garden plot) So far, so good!! I haven’t killed anything yet! (The latest garden update is here and I will be doing a balcony tour next week!)
* take advantage of our Farmers Market in Forest Park (It’s in an inconvenient location & happens on Friday nights, but I want to support it so it sticks around!) I had to modify this one…the Forest Park Farmers Market was cancelled this year due to lack of participation. I found another market at the Hines VA that I’d like to try next week.
* travel to Boston Done! Read about it here, here and here
* take my camera out more often and practice Not done.
* make an anniversary gift DONE! (Read about it here.)
* master three more cocktails (Summer-y ones with in-season ingredients would be awesome!) Two down: the Blue Hawaii and the Vesper, and I have a few more on the horizon!
* host a Hawaii-themed party (We thought we were all partied out, but by mid-summer we’ll be itching for something new to plan!) We might do a mini Hawaiian dinner party with our neighbors.
* paint the bedroom (It’s the last big, nagging thing on my home improvement list!) Not even close to happening.
* create three pieces of art for our home (I have ideas…it’s the execution I’m lacking…) One idea just turned into a bigger idea, which means more procrastinating.
* participate fully in 30 Days of Creativity Done! Read about it here.
* start working on my zine idea (I’ve had the idea floating around for two years now…it’s time to get started. I have no dreams of selling it, I just want to create it.) July is apparently International Zine Month, so I think this could be my chance!
And three more from last year…
* find the ice cream truck We’ve found the truck a few times, but haven’t hopped in line. We are, however keeping a nice stash of Bomb Pops (pictured above) and ChocoTacos in our freezer!
* wear sunscreen & sun hats Still working on this one…hats are happening, sunscreen needs to happen!
* document summer & finish my summer minibook I’ve been collecting a ton of stuff & taking loads of pictures…
So far, I’m feeling good about things, but as I know from childhood, once July 4th comes around, summer kicks into high gear and time flashes before our eyes. So, it’s definitely time to check off some of those procrastination items (like painting the bedroom!)
How’s your summer list going?