Memorial Day marks the unofficial start of summer.
Last year, I created a summer manifesto–a list of activities, projects to accomplish and things to learn during the summer months. I was really happy with my progress! While I didn’t accomplish everything on the list, it was still fun to keep the manifesto in mind as I made summer plans. It made me prioritize the important things of summer, like sitting outside and eating fresh fruits and cool popsicles. I had a great time documenting everything in a little photo book (which I completed but never shared the final product here…would it be weird to share it a year later?) I plan to do the same thing this year. I’ve already purchased this book in neon pink so I’m ready to get started!
This summer I will:
* embrace the mornings (as in, get up and get something done before noon!)
* tend to the gardens (balcony & community garden plot)
* take advantage of our Farmers Market in Forest Park (It’s in an inconvenient location & happens on Friday nights, but I want to support it so it sticks around!)
* travel to Boston
* take my camera out more often and practice
* make an anniversary gift (due on Sunday!!)
* master three more cocktails (Summer-y ones with in-season ingredients would be awesome!)
* host a Hawaii-themed party (We thought we were all partied out, but by mid-summer we’ll be itching for something new to plan!)
* paint the bedroom (It’s the last big, nagging thing on my home improvement list!)
* create three pieces of art for our home (I have ideas…it’s the execution I’m lacking…)
* start working on my zine idea (I’ve had the idea floating around for two years now…it’s time to get started. I have no dreams of selling it, I just want to create it.)
And three more from last year…
* find the ice cream truck
* wear sunscreen & sun hats
* document summer & finish my summer minibook
Of course, Naoto will be along for the ride, and a real participant in some of the things like traveling to Boston, tending the garden, chasing the ice cream man, drinking the cocktails and painting the bedroom (ahem…)
I can’t wait to get started!
How about you? Any summer have-tos on your list?